Stand Up To Cancer and CVS are teaming up to save lives, one dollar at a time. When you’re at your local CVS 10/29 through 11/19, you’ll have the opportunity to donate at the store to help fund SU2C cancer research.
While you’re at CVS, snap a selfie and post it on your Instagram and/or Twitter with the hashtag #ValueOfADollar and #Promotion and you’ll be entered for a chance to win the Ultimate Hollywood Experience! One winner and their guest will get a trip to Los Angeles for the World Premiere of Jumanji on December 11, 2017, starring Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black, and Kevin Hart! Flights and hotel for two are included.
NO PURCHASE OR DONATION NECESSARY TO ENTER.
SEE FULL RULES FOR SWEEPSTAKES BELOW.
In theaters 12/20/17
STAND UP TO CANCER® #VALUEOFADOLLAR SWEEPSTAKES
NO DONATION, PURCHASE, OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A DONATION, PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. Subject to all federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and ordinances. Sweepstakes begins at 9:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on October 29, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 19, 2017 (“Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK, INC., TWITTER, INC. OR INSTAGRAM, INC.
The Stand Up To Cancer® #ValueOfADollar sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes“) is open to legal U.S. residents currently residing in the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years old (nineteen (19) in Alabama and Nebraska, or twenty-one (21) in Mississippi) as of the date of entry. The Entertainment Industry Foundation (“Sponsor“), CVS Pharmacy, and Columbia TriStar Marketing Group, Inc. (“CTMG“) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies website providers, and each of their employees, officers, and directors (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities“), and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings and children, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes and which Sponsor may decide in its sole discretion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Entertainment Industry Foundation, 1900 Avenue of the Stars, Suite 1400, Los Angeles, CA 90067.
3. How to Enter: You may enter the Sweepstakes during the Entry Period by doing one of the following:
a. Selfie Entry Method: Post a picture of yourself at a CVS PharmacyTM store location (“Selfie”) and then post your Selfie with the hashtags #Valueofadollar and #Promotion to your Twitter account, your Instagram account, or both. You must be a member of Twitter and/or Instagram and the account(s) you use to enter must be set to the “public” setting in order for the entry submitted on the platform to be eligible. If you do not have a Twitter account, you can get one for free at twitter.com, and if you do not have an Instagram account, you can get one for free at www.instagram.com. Upon posting your Selfie with #Valueofadollar and #Promotion to Twitter, you will automatically get one (1) entry, and upon posting your Selfie with #Valueofadollar and #Promotion to Instagram, you will automatically get one (1) entry. Maximum two (2) entries total per person (one (1) entry per platform) per day for a total of twenty (22) during the Sweepstakes.
b. Email Entry Method: To enter without visiting a CVS Pharmacy store location, send an email (“Email”) with “Stand Up To Cancer #Valueofadollar Sweepstakes” in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon Sponsor’s receipt of your Email, you will automatically get two (2) entries. Maximum two (2) entries per person/email address per day for a total of twenty (22) entries during the Sweepstakes.
Additional Entry Information:
Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
By entering the Sweepstakes using the Selfie Entry Method, you agree that Sponsor and/or CTMG may contact you via social media, including on Instagram or Twitter, by sending you a direct message, tagging you, posting to your social media page or naming you on Sponsor’s social media page. You also signify and agree that your entry and any other materials submitted in connection with this Sweepstakes may be posted on Sponsor’s website and/or other social media sites or applications associated with the Sweepstakes in a manner that is consistent with these Official Rules. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
By entering the Sweepstakes using either the Selfie Entry Method or the Email Entry Method, entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will clearly and conspicuously disclose that he or she is entering a Sweepstakes in the entry and any online social sharing interaction that references the Sweepstakes or that is used to obtain entries in connection with the Sweepstakes. At a minimum, #Promotion should be included in all social media communications sent related to the Sweepstakes (including related to any prize). Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in the Sweepstakes while engaging in any online social sharing interaction related to the Sweepstakes.
Submission Requirements (applicable for Selfie Entry Method):
Entries, comments and content submitted or uploaded to any social media sites or other public sites in connection with the Sweepstakes (collectively, “Content Submissions”):
Automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties are prohibited and may be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will disqualify that entrant’s entries, and that entrant and/or entries may be disqualified. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Twitter or Instagram account. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, for entrants who used the Selfie Entry Method, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the pertinent Twitter and/or Instagram account(s) will be deemed to be the entrant, and for entrants who used the Email Entry Method, the authorized account holder of the email address from which the entry emails were sent will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries associated with an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted, or untimely entries will be disqualified.
4. Selection of Winner:
On or about November 20th, Sponsor will select the name of potential winners of the Sweepstakes prize in a random drawing from among all entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The potential winner will be notified by on or about November 20th.
Potential winners who entered the Sweepstakes using the Selfie Entry Method will be notified that they are a potential winner via a Twitter message or Instagram message to the Twitter or Instagram account used to enter the Sweepstakes, and potential winners who entered the Sweepstakes using the Email Entry Method will be notified that they are a potential winner via an email to the email address used to enter the Sweepstakes.
Except where legally prohibited, each potential prize winner may be required to sign and return, within two (2) business days of being notified, an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If a potential winner cannot be contacted in person via email, telephone, and/or registered mail after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release or any other documentation that Sponsor may require in its sole discretion within the required time period (if applicable), if potential winner and Guest (as defined below) are unavailable or unwilling to travel to Los Angeles, California within any time period specified by Sponsor, or in the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the prize to an alternate winner selected in accordance with the selection criteria described above. Sponsor may require the Guest, in its sole discretion within the required time period (if applicable), to sign and return any necessary forms to accompany the winner. Only two (2) alternate winners will be selected for the Sweepstakes, after which any remaining prize will remain un-awarded.
Verification of Potential Winners: ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE Sweepstakes. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
One (1) prize will be awarded. The prize consists of (i) a trip to Los Angeles, California for the winner and Guest from December 10, 2017 through December 12, 2017; (ii) admission for the winner and Guest to the premier, if held, of “Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle” which is currently scheduled to take place on December 11, 2017; (iii) a tour of Sony’s Studio lot for the winner and Guest, and (iv) three hundred US dollars (US $300). Total Approximately Retail Value (“ARV”) of prize: $2670.
Prize winner’s guest (“Guest”) must be at time of prize fulfillment the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), and must complete and return a liability/publicity release and any other documentation required by Sponsor prior to prize award.
Prize includes (i) roundtrip coach airfare for winner and Guest from the airport nearest the winner’s residence to Los Angeles, California, (ii) one (1) room double-occupancy standard hotel accommodations for three (3) days / two (2) nights, and (iii) round trip ground transportation to and from airport in Los Angeles, California and hotel and prize activity. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. ARV of prize may vary depending on point of departure, travel dates and fare/rate fluctuations.
Winner and Guest must be able to travel on dates to be determined by Sponsor. Winner and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary. Exact dates of travel to be determined at Sponsor’s sole discretion. All meals, ground transportation and incidentals not described herein and incurred by winner and/or Guest will be the sole responsibility of the winner and/or Guest.
If winner resides within a sixty (60) mile radius of Los Angeles, California (a “local resident”), in lieu of the round trip air transportation portion of the prize, winner and Guest will receive round-trip private ground transportation of Sponsor’ choice for winner from winner’s residence to the hotel. No compensation will be awarded in lieu of the difference in the ARV for the prize for a local resident and the ARV for the prize for a winner who is not a local resident.
If winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel with no Guest, no additional compensation will be awarded.
Prize Restrictions: Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, change of air travel fees, ground transportation, automobile insurance, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of winner. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, prize winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
Sponsor will, in its sole discretion, determine which airport is closest to the winner’s home. Travel subject to availability. Winner and/or Guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsor’s agent and on an airline carrier of Sponsor’s choice. Winner and/or Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at winner’s option and hereby acknowledges that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the winner’s transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the winner and such transportation companies. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as part of the prize. If a stopover occurs, the prize travel will terminate and winner will be responsible for the full fare which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier(s) or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. All airline tickets issued in connection with the prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles and are not eligible for upgrades. Winner and Guest must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card.
In the event (i) winner and/or Guest engage in behavior during travel or in Los Angeles, California that (as determined by Sponsor or CTMG in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor, CTMG, or any of their respective services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, or (ii) winner fails to attend the premiere or participate in other prize activities, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send winner and Guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to winner and/or Guest (which may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in such winner’s disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of the prize). In the event winner engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor or CTMG in their sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects winner to fines, arrest or detention, Sponsor or CTMG shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by winner and/or Guest as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR AND CTMG SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF PRIZE WINNER’S USE OF THE PRIZE.
6. General Conditions: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, telephone transmission problems, or garbled transmissions or miscommunications; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user’s computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY A ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, any website associated with the Sweepstakes, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of the Sweepstakes, if any fraud, technical failures or any factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned, Sponsor may disqualify any suspect entries and (a) suspend the Sweepstakes and modify the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize to a winner chosen at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
7. Release and Limitations of Liability: BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT SPONSOR, SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM AND THEIR RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLIC RELATIONS, PROMOTIONAL, FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING, WEBSITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR: (1) ANY INCORRECT OR INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANTS, PRINTING ERRORS OR BY ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT OR PROGRAMMING ASSOCIATED WITH OR UTILIZED IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO MALFUNCTIONS, INTERRUPTIONS, OR DISCONNECTIONS IN PHONE LINES OR NETWORK HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (3) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE ENTRY PROCESS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES; (4) TECHNICAL OF HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (5) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR RECEIPT OF USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE.
BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
BY ENTERING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING PRIZE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
9. Disputes: The Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Central District of California or the appropriate State Court located in Los Angeles, California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes not to exceed fifty US Dollars (US$50.00), but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. Nature of Relationship/Waiver of Equitable Relief: Each entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submissions and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submissions. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submissions or other material submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submissions or any material based on or allegedly based on the Submissions, and the entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
12. Official Rules and Winner List: For a copy of the Official Rules, visit http://progress.su2c.org/jumanji until December 12, 2017. To request the winner’s name, which will be available until March 30, 2018, please email email@example.com.
Copyright ©2017 Entertainment Industry Foundation. Entertainment Industry Foundation®, Stand Up To Cancer®, CVS Pharmacy™ , CTMG, and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of Entertainment Industry Foundation, CVS, or CTMG in the U.S. and other countries. All rights reserved.
Movie Artwork ©2017 Columbia TriStar Marketing group, Inc.