Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) and Cancer Research UK (CRUK) invite applications for the SU2C-CRUK Pediatric Brain Cancer Dream Team Translational Research Grant. The Dream Team will address critical problems in pediatric (age range up to 18 years) brain cancer treatment and positively impact patients in the near future. The project will accelerate the development of prevention strategies, diagnostic approaches or treatments for pediatric brain cancers through investigation by a collaborative multidisciplinary, multi-institutional, transatlantic Dream Team. The project must be designed to accelerate therapeutic application to the clinic with patient involvement within 4 years of the grant term. Additionally, the project can address issues around late stage effects of pediatric brain cancer treatment. Proposed ideas should be based on perceived opportunities for success as well as high-priority areas with a critical patient need.
1. The application includes a text application template and spreadsheet templates for completion and submission.
2. The spreadsheet templates include:
a) Milestones and deliverables timeline
b) Requested funding and required regulatory approvals per specific aim; clinical trials
c) Budget per year and per institution
d) Personnel tracker
3. Collaborative groups of researchers from diverse institutions are preferred, and all applications must include inter-institutional collaborations
4. Teams are required to have:
a) Team Leader and a Team Co-Leader; one must be UK-based
b) Curriculum vitae (NIH Biosketch preferred but not required) with a recent (five-year) publication list, as well as current funding for Team Leadership (Team Leader, Team Co-Leader, and Team Principal Investigators)
c) Project Manager
d) At least two Patient Advocates
5. Projects should be planned for four years, with any proposed trials completing accrual by the end of the grant period. For projects involving both preclinical research and a clinical trial, the timeline and budget must be planned.
6. The scale of a project must not exceed $10 million US total.
7. Letters of Support from leadership at each institution and company involved with the Team are required.
8. Clinical trial protocol(s) (if clinical trial(s) proposed), or a compelling justification for delaying the protocol development will be required .
9. Please submit your intent to submit a proposal by Monday July 2, 2018, at 12:00pm noon Eastern Daylight time to email@example.com. Full applications are due by August 13, 2018, at 12:00pm noon Eastern Daylight Time through this submission site.
Notification: The first week of September, Finalists will be invited to present the proposal at an in-person selection meeting to be held on September 21, 2018 in Los Angeles, California. The selected team will be notified mid-October with anticipated project start dates in December 2018. Regulatory requirements must be in place before funding is disbursed.
Must be completed and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submitting the project application.
Completed applications must be uploaded on the left-hand side of this page under “Upload Project Applications.”
Completed applications must be uploaded on the left-hand side of this page under “Upload Spreadsheets.”
If you have questions, please contact us.